Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Boredom and Too Much Time On My Hands

Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. Proverbs 16:3

Boredom arises sometimes when I have had too much time on my hands. Sure, I could get up and do the laundry, the dishes, or clean the bathrooms. Yuk! Obviously, those don't appeal to me as something to do during those rare times when I'm not busy.

What I've ended up doing, more times than I'd like to admit is watching TV and I eventually get a bag of some type of snack to munch on to keep my hands busy.  During those times, it seems like before I know it, most of the bag is gone. Was I hungry? No. I just aimlessly munched my way through the bag. I wish I could tell you that I no longer do this, now that I turn my stress, my eating, and my life over to my Lord and Savior. Unfortunately, there are times that I fall back into that old rut.

I would be much better off with knitting or crocheting, with my hands rather than downing a bag of some type of crunchy snack. What would be even better is if I turned the TV off and talked to God about my wanting to eat when I'm not hungry. Sometimes I do this, but there are still times when I start to fall back into that old rut and engage in one of my vices. I don't want to be an Old Rut Christian who is led astray by human vices when I have too much time on my hands. Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established. Proverbs 16:3


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: