Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Sometimes I'm a Slow Learner

In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. Proverbs 3:6-7

I needed to have a personal conversation with a family member and fretted over what I should say. There have been times where I have avoided conversations like this by eating into oblivion. Fortunately for me, Christ has shown me in the past, when I turn these concerns over into His very capable hands, He takes care of the situation much better than I had ever imagined.

I kept waking up in the night trying to plan what I would say, only to be reminded that I should put it in Christ's capable hands. This must have happened six or seven times. Sometimes I'm a Slow Learner Christian. When I woke up, I prayed that God guide what I said and the timing for talking to this person, because God always knows the Big Picture and knows what that person needs to hear.

Fortunately, I listened. Instead of rehashing all the previous discussion to clarify things like I had planned during the night, I just moved forward without addressing the past. It was wonderful. The conversation was positive and developed a better basis for communication in the future. I am so truly blessed that Christ takes pity on Slow Learner Christians like me.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: