Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I've Been Given a Multitude of Mercies

But though He cause grief, yet will He have compassion according to the multitude of His mercies. For He doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men. Lamentations 3:32-33

 I hope that I don't make my weight loss seem like a piece of cake, pun intended! I couldn't resist. I thought to change it to a walk in the park, but I thought the original was much funnier. Small pleasures!

Anyway, I had many grief stricken days throughout all the years I was overweight. Every time I went to my closet, I would get frustrated because I didn't have much to wear that fit or was comfortable. I knew that putting those items on would make me aware of what I was doing to my body and how it affected my self-esteem, my relationship with God, and my relationship with my family.

How could my being overweight affect my relationship with God. Well, for one, I was turning to food instead of turning to Christ in times of stress, etc. Food had become a false god in my life. Additionally, there were times that I wouldn't go to church, because I didn't want others to see me in my too tight clothes. Not to mention, how sad it made Him when He saw how it affected my relationship with my family.

My self-esteem was dragging and I took it out on my family, by being impatient with them. I didn't go as many places with them as I would have liked to, because it was so difficult for me to go out in public. I regret not being a better role model. Fortunately for me, Christ took compassion on me and has healed my compulsions. Does that mean that I don't ever backslide? Unfortunately, not. Fortunately for me, Christ is merciful and reminds me when I start back-tracking. I am so very blessed, because I don't want to be a Back-Tracking Christian. But though He cause grief, yet will He have compassion according to the multitude of His mercies. For He doth not afflict willingly nor grieve the children of men. Lamentations 3:32-33



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: