Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Christianity, Politics, and Milking Votes

But whoso hearkeneth unto me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil. Proverbs 1:33

Sometimes I get concerned, because I feel that some politicians have realized that they can get a big block of votes by being a Political Christian. Some of these people take on similar views as those of a particular Christian belief, working those people to milk them for their votes.

Some of these politicians utilize fear to manipulate the viewer/listener to vote for them or a particular bill. When this seems to be rampant in the media, I sometimes find myself getting caught up in that fear they are trying to perpetuate to milk votes. There was a time where I would have eaten myself silly, because of the fear that was encouraged by strategic sharing of politicians.

Fortunately for me, Christ reminds me of this passage and other related passages that calm me in the midst of this fear mongering. Sure the world isn't perfect and we have things that we need to change. Instead of letting my fear guide me and my voting, I need to be more mindful of trusting that Christ will take care of me and get me through what lies ahead. In doing so, I need to make sure that I am voting for the politician that is most aligned with what Christ would want us to do for the poor, the infirm, the homeless, the depressed, and oppressed throughout the world and not be guided by fear from those who are trying to milk my vote.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: