Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

It Didn't Take Much Enticement

My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. Proverbs 1:10

All I can say is that it didn't take much enticement to get my eating spiraling in a counterproductive direction. I went to lunch with my husband to a deli salad bar, one of my favorites. I piled my salad sky-high with all the yummy healthy toppings that I love. I felt sluggish after eating this healthy salad. Had I overdone it?

I would have told you no, because I've eaten this healthy salad lots of times in the past. To top that off, we were meeting family for dinner to celebrate a birthday. At first, I figured that I wouldn't order anything, because I was still full from lunch. Did I stick to that plan? No. I decided I would order a dinner and just eat half of it. I did, but my plan didn't work out the way I thought. I was nauseous all that evening and most of the next day.

Sometimes I'm a Straddling Christian in much the same way. I come up with schemes of how I can do things for God, but do my own thing, as well. It's like I want to to make God and the very worldly side of myself happy at the same time, when I know better. Fortunately for me, Christ shows me what I'm doing and forgives me when I ask Him to. I am very blessed! My son, if sinners entice thee, consent thou not. Proverbs 1:10

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: