Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Other Extreme

The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honor is humility. Proverbs 15:33

There were times, years ago, when I lost weight and I wanted to flaunt my body. Not in any outrageous way, but I wanted to wear clothes that showed off that I was much thinner. I was under some impression that others would think more highly of me. What's more than this, I thought I would think more highly of myself when then did. Did that happen? Quite the reverse!

First of all, most of the people I knew didn't really notice the difference. The weight loss was much more significant to me that it was to others. Those who did pay attention were those I didn't want to pay attention. I went from little attention to cat calls from men in passing cars. I was a married woman and it made me feel guilty for getting this unwanted attention. I had only wanted attention for those I knew or wanted to know.

I felt so overwhelmed by this unwanted attention that I went to the other extreme! I ate and ate and ate until I gained all my weight back and then some. It did stop the cat calls and I felt relieved...for a minute or two. What I hadn't dealt with was my sagging self-esteem which seemed to be wrapped up in my clothing size. I let it tell me who I was and whether I was worthwhile or not. Once I was being more humble, turning my food, stress, and life over to God's very capable hands, I found that my self-esteem was no longer dragging on the ground. I no longer let clothing size, friendships, or attention from others determine who I was. I was God's child regardless of my size and He loves me regardless! He loved me when I was heavy and when I was thin. The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom; and before honor is humility. Proverbs 15:33



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: