Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Showing Off During Exercise Class, Oh, My!

Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

I was very fortunate that my weight loss from God wasn't dependent on exercise. It seems that I don't stay with exercises consistently. Throughout the years, I will develop a routine for exercising and/or walking and something comes up and throws it off. It seems like months later, I will reflect on that exercise routine that halted once something interrupted it. This has happened more times than I would like to admit.

I am currently taking an exercise class two days a week, when I can. I have severe osteoporosis and weight bearing exercise is the best thing for it (health to the bones). Sometimes, I have things that interfere with my going to the class. I am blessed with an instructor who goes to great lengths to make the class really fun, so I hate to miss it.

About two months ago, I found myself showing off during class. It wasn't really for anyone else to notice. I was just showing off to myself. The instructor told us to bend our knee and kick ourselves and then kick out. I was surprised that I could actually do it. It seems that we did several repetitions of that exercise that day.  I didn't just take satisfaction in the fact that I was able to kick myself when I bent my knee, but I actually kicked myself each time rather than go through the motions. Oh, My! Was I ever sorry! The next day, my one knee hurt so much that I was barely able to walk on it. It took several weeks until the pain subsided enough for me to go back to the class. That's what I get for showing off! Now, I just go through the motions and bend my knee a reasonable amount. I'm glad that God shows me that being prideful, even to myself, is still something I need to work on. Pleasant words are as an honeycomb, sweet to the soul, and health to the bones. Proverbs 16:24




Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: