Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Playing Board Games

Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right. Proverbs 16: 8

I always liked to play board games, although I'm not very competitive. I just like the interactions with others, but never liked when the games led to disagreements. The disagreements seemed greater when play money or possessions were involved.

You would think this was only something I experienced when I was child, but that's not the case. Actually, I have seen more adults that I would like to admit, who have gotten tense when they were playing board games, especially those involving play money or possessions. I even remember one adult who stole some of the play money to give themselves an advantage over the other players. At first, I thought this person was just joking around, but that wasn't the case.

When I'm finding fault with these people, I have to look into my own life, before I cast that first stone. That's why reading the Bible from cover to cover is so significant. It allows me to try to apply Bible verses to my life and see the message that God has for me in the text. Well, in doing this, I thought of how I stole candy and graham crackers when I was a child. You might think that children do these things, no big deal. The thing is, when I was in the midst of my compulsive overeating, I hid food from my family. When I was afraid that something I really liked would be eaten by others, I hid it, so that they wouldn't get it and I would. So, if I'm applying this verse to my life and not the lives of those who stole play money in a game, I might paraphrase this to say, "Better is a little food that is yours, than hiding food from the rest of your family just because it's your favorite." Fortunately for me, Christ forgives me for these things and leads me to put my compulsive overeating into His very capable hands. Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right. Proverbs 16: 8



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: