Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

A Cheeky Reply I Regret

The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things. The LORD is far from the wicked: but He heareth the prayer of the righteous. Proverbs 15:28-29

God's timing is always impeccable. This passage is more for me than anyone else, but I hope it helps others, as well. Last night, I was trying to measure the kitchen for new flooring. My husband has one method of measuring and I had another. Of course, I figured my way was right!

In the midst of a call with a family member, I tried to measure the room with the tape measure, which was turning this way and that. My husband commented that he was concerned that I might harm his good metal tape measure and I said something sarcastic back.

The person at the other end of the phone heard my less than gracious reply and commented. That person hadn't heard what had been said prior to that. Instead of eating about it afterwards like I would have in the past, I was prayerful about the situation and the comment. I realized that it didn't matter what was said to me prior to my response. I am still supposed to be a good example of being a Christian, even when I have a difference of opinion with someone else. I feel embarrassed that a family member heard my cheeky reply. I don't want to be a Cheeky Christian, because I want to be a better role model of my Christian ethics. The heart of the righteous studieth to answer: but the mouth of the wicked poureth out evil things. The LORD is far from the wicked: but He heareth the prayer of the righteous. Proverbs 15:28-29


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: