Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Talked Myself Into Craving a Five Inch Meringue Pie

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:15-16

We were taking my daughter-in-law to a favorite restaurant. I told her about the impressive five inch meringue pies made in individual bowls. Then, I disclosed about the time I had decided I wanted to splurge on one of the pies when I went there. There had been only one pie left in the display case and I ordered it immediately and ate it instead of my dinner.

She asked me if it was good. I replied that it was alright, but the thought of the pie had been better than the actual taste of the pie. I rarely eat sweets other than fruit and it was just too sweet for me to eat any more. The strange thing with this, I talked about the pies so much to her, that by the time we got to the restaurant, I was craving another five inch meringue pie. I mentioned it and she said in support, that by the time I eat the rest of my dinner, I probably won't be craving the pie any more. Actually, she was right.

The thing is, I wasn't being a very good example and was letting whims lead me in a counterproductive direction. If I had eaten that pie, it would have affected my blood sugar level and I would have been cranky the next day. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:15-16

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: