Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Moderation-Huh! What's That?

My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of His correction: For whom the LORD loveth He correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth. Proverbs 3:11-12

Well, I went to the Cardiologist yesterday, because my heart fluttered and I got dizzy for about 30 minutes a few weeks ago. After all the tests, the doctor told me that it was because of my low blood pressure. I had been reaching up to the top shelf in a store and down to the lowest one and back and forth comparing prices, etc. He said that doing that so rapidly sent  all the blood down to my legs and made my heart pump extra hard to try to get the blood back up to my head again.

He said that since my health was so good, the simple thing I could do to remedy the low blood pressure problem is to use salt. All these years, I heard about how bad salt was for people, so I rarely use salt in my cooking and rarely put salt on the food that I'm eating. Maybe I should have used moderation-huh! What's that?

The doctor told me that I can also eat chips to help with the low blood pressure situation. I didn't figure I should eat potato chips, because my cholesterol is higher than it should be, so I decided to eat tortilla chips. As some of you might know, it's been the food I splurge on sometimes, rationalizing that it's healthy and isn't a sweet.

So, maybe this wasn't the wisest choice for me, because I had downed a half bag of tortilla chips, before I allowed myself to think about the doctor's advice. He didn't say to eat a whole month's worth of salt in one day. He said that I could have some chips, not a half a bag. That brings me back to the thought that it wouldn't have been so bad for me if I had eaten the tortilla chips in moderation-huh! What's that? My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of His correction: For whom the LORD loveth He correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth. Proverbs 3:11-12

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: