Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Are We Killing Ourselves In Order to Be Thin?

For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection. 2 Corinthians 13:9

The other day, this lady popped into my mind. I had met her a few times at Parent's Without Partners activities. She was attractive, had a son and she was deaf. Unfortunately, I didn't know her very well. That's probably more what this post should be about. I feel so guilty now, because I wish I had gone out of my way to befriend this lady more... maybe it would have made a difference!

A few years later, I heard that this same lady lay on her death bed in our community hospital because she had starved herself to death. I went to see her in the hospital, but she didn't remember me. Anorexia is a terribly debilitating disease/sickness, compulsion-whatever you want to call it. What's more than that, her son lost his mother. Why?

Was she so grief stricken over a relationship/s that didn't work out that she starved herself thinking she would be more attractive to others? Was she so afraid that she might become overweight that this was the only way she thought she could control it? At what cost? Someone's daughter is no longer with them. Someone's mother is no longer with them. Are we killing ourselves in order to be thin? Is it really worth it????

Please get help. God healed me from my compulsive overeating, I feel sure that He could heal you from your eating disorders if you turn your life over to Him, your stress, your fears, and your control. It's worth it to live! For we are glad, when we are weak, and ye are strong: and this also we wish, even your perfection. 2 Corinthians 13:9

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.




Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: