Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Does Our Technology Tell Us Who We Are?

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

I wonder: Does our technology tell us who we are? It seems that whenever I go out, almost everyone I see is looking at some type of hand-held technology, even when they are supposed to be working. I heard a special on NPR or read somewhere that people are so in-tune to their texts, social media, emails, etc. that when they aren't getting pinged with something in their inbox, they are depressed and feel like they are missing out on things.

 I used to feel like I was missing out on things when I thought that my dress size told me who I am. I felt that all the thin people in the world were worthwhile and I would be if I ever lost the weight. Now, I know that God loves me regardless of my dress size.

Are we perpetuating future generations who feel that they are only worthwhile if they have lots of friends pinging, tweeting, and messaging them? Have we just developed new ways for people to feel insecure about themselves? I wish I had all the answers, but feel like it is certainly worth prayerful thought. Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: