Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

For Those Who Crave Chocolate

He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with the increase: this is also vanity. Ecclesiastes 5:10

I could take this one step further, For Those Who Crave Chocolate shall not be satisfied with chocolate, nor he that loveth abundance of foods, sweets, etc. with the increase, this is also vanity.

I don't know about you, but often when I was craving something, something else was out-of-whack in my life! I had some major situation that was causing me stress even if I was trying hard not to think of it by downing large amounts of sweets or even foods that held no interest to me. They never satisfied me. They never took that aching feeling in the pit of my soul away, that often felt like a starving feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I was turning to food, my false god, instead of turning to Christ to get me through the issues that caused me stress, that worried me, that frightened me, etc. Once I started turning my food, my compulsive overeating, and my stress into God's capable hands, He freed me from being an Out-of-Whack Christian who turns to food, possessions, technology, etc. instead of turning to Christ to heal me and get me through these issues. He that loveth silver shall not be satisfied with silver; nor he that loveth abundance with the increase: this is also vanity. Ecclesiastes 5:10

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: