Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Think the Waitress Was Frustrated With Me

Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? Luke 12:24

I had to fast before I had some lab work done for my endocrinologist. I told my husband that I was going to heading out to get it done. He asked me if I would wait until he was able to join me, so I agreed.

After my lab work was done, he wanted to go to his restaurant that serves breakfast during lunch time. Unfortunately, that's what time it was, too. By waiting for my husband to join me, everything ran much later than I anticipated and I was very low-blood sugar by the time the waitress came to get my order.

Something strange happens to me when I get that low-blood sugar. It's like nothing on the menu appeals to me, at that point. It's somewhat ironic when what my body needs is for me to eat, but my mind doesn't want to. I had to have the waitress come back, because I couldn't make up my mind.

I think the waitress was frustrated with me. She came over and looked me squarely in the eyes. I think she thought I was on drugs or something, because I wasn't calmly making up my mind like most of her customers do. I wished I could have explained that I had been fasting over night for lab work and it was now noon and I was shaky and low-blood sugar, is all, but I didn't. I have a habit of trying to explain things to people and usually make the situation worse by doing that. About 30-40 minutes after I ate, I was fine. This why fast diets would never work for me. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? Luke 12:24
Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: