Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I Think the Waitress Was Frustrated With Me

Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? Luke 12:24

I had to fast before I had some lab work done for my endocrinologist. I told my husband that I was going to heading out to get it done. He asked me if I would wait until he was able to join me, so I agreed.

After my lab work was done, he wanted to go to his restaurant that serves breakfast during lunch time. Unfortunately, that's what time it was, too. By waiting for my husband to join me, everything ran much later than I anticipated and I was very low-blood sugar by the time the waitress came to get my order.

Something strange happens to me when I get that low-blood sugar. It's like nothing on the menu appeals to me, at that point. It's somewhat ironic when what my body needs is for me to eat, but my mind doesn't want to. I had to have the waitress come back, because I couldn't make up my mind.

I think the waitress was frustrated with me. She came over and looked me squarely in the eyes. I think she thought I was on drugs or something, because I wasn't calmly making up my mind like most of her customers do. I wished I could have explained that I had been fasting over night for lab work and it was now noon and I was shaky and low-blood sugar, is all, but I didn't. I have a habit of trying to explain things to people and usually make the situation worse by doing that. About 30-40 minutes after I ate, I was fine. This why fast diets would never work for me. Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls? Luke 12:24


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: The Psychology of the Perfect Diet-Marc David
by: Marc David, Institute for the Psychology of Eating, via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Zoe Ministry.org

Zoe Ministry.org
Empower Orphans to Raise Their Siblings

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives