Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

A Case of Less is More

Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith. Proverbs 15:16

This is a case if less is more. Being an overeater, I can carry that one step further. Having less food while following God's will for our lives is far better than having lots of food and having to deal with the resulting: depression, lack of self-esteem, feeling isolated, etc.

It's been over 30 years that God has allowed me to keep off the vast majority of the 80+ pounds that I had lost through His saving grace. Christ saved me from myself. I was turning to food in times of crisis, joy, stress, and everything in between. Food had become a false god to me, because I was turning to it rather than to God.

Over 30 years ago, I told God that I was giving up and that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't do it any more. At the time, I think I was just working toward self-acceptance, because I just figured that I was always going to be heavy and might as well give up fighting it. Well, it was that very same day that Christ stepped into my life on a whole new level and saved me from myself and my self-destructive pattern with food.

Have I perfectly followed my food program all these years? Unfortunately not, but God is right there to pick me up when I down a half bag of tortilla chips. I want to be a Less is More Christian and Christ is there to remind that I don't want to revert back to the way things were and shows me that He is the better way to resolve stressful issues. When I turn my stress over to God's very capable hands, my life falls back into place again. Better is little with the fear of the LORD than great treasure and trouble therewith. Proverbs 15:16

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: