Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Turning a Blind Eye

The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good. Proverbs 15:3

 Some times, I think I live my life hoping that God looks only at the good things I do on His behalf and turns a blind eye on the evil things I've done that I'm not proud of. I guess I'm a Cut Me Some Slack Christian more times than I would like to admit.

The thing is, God takes everything in, the good and the bad, but still forgives me if I remember to ask Him to do so. He's not just turning a blind eye, but loves me in spite of all my many flaws and shortcomings. He loved me enough to send His only Son, Jesus Christ, to give His life to save me from my many, many sins.

God loves me in spite of my compulsive overeating and turning to food instead of to Him in times of stress. God loves me in spite of my gossiping or being judgmental or being short-tempered or ....and the list goes on and on. I am so truly blessed to have a Heavenly Father who sees all and loves and forgives me anyway. The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good. Proverbs 15:3

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: