Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I Didn't Need Their Friendship Anymore

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

Do I really need to be a Vindicated Christian? There was a time where I was in the midst of my compulsive overeating that I thought it was important. I thought that I would prove all those skinny snobs wrong when I'm finally thin. I will show them that I am somebody special and that I really didn't really need their friendship any more.

In some ways, that was right. Christ taught me that when I started turning to Him in times of stress instead of to food, that I was worthwhile and I didn't have to belong to particular groups to have self-worth. I didn't have to be thin to have self-worth. I didn't have to wear certain clothes to have self-worth. God gave me that self-worth freely, when I started turning my life, my eating, and problems over to His very capable hands.

 I learned that I don't have to stay clear of people who are skinny or are drawn to their friendships either. God gives me a whole other perspective on those I choose as friends. He showed me that I should choose friends because they were worthwhile and they support me, as a person. They needed to support my relationship with Christ and have a mutual relationship with Him, as well. I am no longer dependent on others to determine what type of person I am or whether I am worthwhile. Christ does this!  I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



How to Have a Healthy Diet With a Busy Schedule: How to Develop a Healthy Eating Plan
by: Brenda Thompson on expertvilliage via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling




Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Jesus Calls You, But Do Your Actions Say You Don't Desire Him?