Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

The Gossip Factor

A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. Proverbs 11:13

I've been in situations where friends were sharing derogatory private information about others. I guess if I'm really being honest, there have been times in my life where I indulged in The Gossip Factor, as well.

The thing is, when I'm around others who are gossiping or I indulge in this vice as well, I don't feel good about myself and my faith walk with Christ. I had to make a change. I could no longer be a part of a group saying how some other person looked too big to fit into the outfit that they were wearing. I could no longer be a part of a group saying how the other person made unethical personal choices. I could no longer be a part of a group that put others down to make themselves feel better.

Even if I don't have a group of friends crowded around me, I find that I sleep much better at night, feel closer to my Lord and Savior, and can look these people in the face when I'm not a Gossiping Christian. A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter. Proverbs 11:13

  Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: