Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Food Always Tasted Better When I Was Mad!

Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forebearing one another and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. Colossians 3:12-13

It's funny how a compulsive overeater like me associates so many different things with food. I ate when I was lonely. I ate when I was stressed. I ate when I was happy. I ate when I was afraid. I ate when I was worried, but I also ate when I was mad.

Its funny how the food always tasted better when I was mad! I'm not sure if that's because it's an extreme emotion or what. All I know is that I used food for comfort all too many times and in all too many situations when I really should have been turning to Christ, so food became a false god in my life.

I needed to turn to Christ, not just to heal those feelings of anger, but to resolve the issues that caused these emotions. Sometimes, I can prayerfully work these situations out with those involved rather than eating over them. Even if it isn't possible to rectify some situations, I can turn my heart and my pain over to God to be open to letting Him heal my heart, so that I can genuinely forgive those who have offended me in one way or another. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering; Forebearing one another and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. Colossians 3:12-13
Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: