Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

It's So Easy to Get Confused

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him: Rooted and built up in Him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:6-8

I was telling a dear friend about this not long ago and thought it was worth sharing. Years ago, I visited with some people that I knew. During my visit with them, they proceeded to tell me how my faith was totally wrong. They quoted all types of Bible verses that seemed to reinforce just how wrong my faith had been all these years.

Bewildered when I arrived home, I turned to the Bible to get some clarification on this new information that was shared with me. When I did, I was shown that they pulled particular verses out of the Bible to support what they were saying, but in reading before and after the passage they used, the Bible passage wasn't even talking about the topic they related it to.

This is called Quoting the Bible out of Context. In other words, some people deliberately use portions of the Bible that has nothing or little to do with the topic they are talking about. I have found it very helpful to read the chapter before and after any verse or passage someone shares with me to determine if that's really what it's talking about. As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him: Rooted and built up in Him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:6-8

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: