Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Can't Ink Out the Time, but God Can

 Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Romans 12:12


Life continues to be busy far beyond my control. In fact, there are days that I sit in amazement at the end of the day and reflect about how God got me through all the things that are going on. The sad thing is that I am letting all this keep me so busy that I don't get time to talk to God the way I usually do.

I've allowed these months of extreme busyness to work a wedge in my relationship with my Savior, although I didn't realize it. When I was writing some recent posts, it became very apparent to me that this was happening. I think I must have been putting off my time to pray throughout the day until a later time when things were less hectic, but that time never really came.

Becoming aware of this, I was first fraught with frustration, because my relationship with Christ is of utmost importance, more important than getting through these busy days. I realized that there have been little to no gaps of time to ink out to pray, to sing, etc. I realize I've been waiting for perfection, but goes doesn't expect perfection from me. He wouldn't mind if I said short prayers or hummed songs in my mind in the midst of all the busy things going on during these months. In fact, what God has shown me is that these are exactly what I need at any given time in order to get through all these events that are out of my control. I like the part in this Bible verse that says: continuing instant in prayer, exactly what I need!   Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Romans 12:12

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: