Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Days Like That!

The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 9:9

Have you ever had days like that, where it feels that no matter what you do, someone is going to find fault with it, it's going to aggravate someone, or you just feel empty inside and don't know how to respond to all that's asked of you?

It seems that I've had some of those days lately. I wondered why there's been several, since I had rarely had days like these for the longest time. Maybe, Satan is trying to trip me up because I've become too complacent in my relationship with Christ. Maybe, Satan sees a crack where he can sneak in and try to undermine my relationship with my Savior.

Maybe, I'm rambling through my prayers and my daily Bible readings and not letting the LORD heal my soul, because I'm too fixed on thinking about other events of the day at the same time. Maybe, I'm turning to food or to another vice instead of to Christ. Maybe, maybe, maybe... I don't really know the answer, but I realized that this has happened much more frequently than in the past. All I could do is go to a quiet place and ask Jesus to forgive me for becoming so lax in my relationship with Him, which allowed Satan to try to undermine my Christian ethics and relationship with God. The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. Psalm 9:9

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: