Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Was My Healthy Snack All That Healthy?

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the Law: for by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified.  Galatians Chapter 2, verse 16.

God blessed me by allowing me to lose the extra 27 pounds I had gained back. I had become sloppy with my eating and my relationship with God, and these pounds started to creep back on after having lost over 80 pounds 30+ years ago. Well, this was definitely an eye opener for me.

I think I started to take God and the weight loss that He provided for granted. I bought about eight bags of pecans. They were my favorite pecans and I rarely can get this particular brand, so I stocked up on them. Was that even a smart move???

Anyway, I think I must have eaten about a half a bag of them when I first bought them. I put them in the freezer, figuring I would take them out periodically for a healthy snack. Was my healthy snack all that healthy? Sure, a few nuts each day is a heart healthy snack, but they aren’t talking about three quarters of a cup of nuts. It’s more like a quarter of a cup, at most.

Well, I was reveling in my newest acquisition, by eating pecans every evening as a healthy snack. Then, I started noticing that my clothes weren’t fitting like they used to. I don’t weigh often, because I used to let the scale tell me who I am and how I feel about myself. I figured that I had better weigh to make sure I hadn’t gone overboard with the pecans. Sure enough, I had. I had gained eight of those 27 pounds back.

I felt badly that I had foolishly squandered the blessing that God had bestowed on me again! Fortunately for me, God loves me despite my human nature and vices. Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the Law: for by the works of the Law shall no flesh be justified.  Galatians Chapter 2, verse 16.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: