Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

If the Shoe Fits, Wear It...

 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth. Colossians 3:8

I was recently reading one of my previous posts that focused on my control issues and how my husband had made a comment about it. It was bad enough that I knew that I had control issues. My husband's knowing about it, made it much worse. Once someone else is aware of it, there's no way of deluding yourself into thinking it's really not that bad of a problem.

When others are talking about a controlling person, I tell them that those people are that way because the rest of their life seems so out of control, so they try to control everything else. God, as He works so wonderfully despite my reluctant nature, had this pop into my mind. At first, I started to disregard it, then the thought was in my mind, "If the shoe fits, wear it!"

I had to do a lot of prayerful soul searching after that and God is right. There are many aspects of my life that are totally out of my control.  I turned my food and eating over to God and He takes care of those. I must be going through the motions of turning those other issues over to God, while still trying to maintain control of my life. The Big Question is: Do I trust that God's going to take care of those issues, as well? I think I do, but if I'm feeling like I have to be in control of all other aspects of my life and those around me, then I'm not really doing it.

I have to be much more prayerful about asking God for the willingness to turn those issues and my control issues over into His very capable hands. He will do it if I let Him. But now ye also put off all these;anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.Colossians 3:8

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: