Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Meaningless Words That Cut to the Core...

1 John 4: 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us.

I was on a major playground supervising a couple of younger kids. While I was doing this, I heard a group of boys and girls around third or fourth grade taunting each other as they played something that looked like Tag. Then, I heard one of the boys say, "I have a good one, You're Fat!" to one of the other girls that was playing with them. I was glad that the kids I was with didn't hear this rude statement.

 I glanced and didn't see anyone heavy among all those kids playing together. It made me wonder where a comment like this came from. In my opinion, this young boy must have heard someone else say someone was fat as a put-down. The boy said it to just get to the girl, but what effect does it have on the girl who wasn't even heavy?

Meaningless words like this tend to erode our self-esteem. Will this little girl start wondering if everyone else sees her as fat, since that little boy said she was? Will she spend her life obsessed with dieting or buying clothes to prove to others that she really isn't fat?

It's amazing how the words of others can impact our lives...meaningless words, but destructive if we believe them. Unfortunately, I have probably believed the negative things that people have said about me more than the positive things. Fortunately, God loves us and heals our wounds from meaningless words that cut to the core. 1 John 4: 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and His love is perfected in us.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: