Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

From One Extreme to Another

1 Peter 5: 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 

It seems that I go from one extreme to another. I recently told you how I wore a baggy windbreaker and a man called me "Fatty." Then, I decided that I was hiding behind my clothing and should wear clothes that showed I was thinner. I shouldn't be embarrassed of having a thinner body. Well, I did, but what happened almost sent me in a tailspin.

I had to pick someone up at a train station. While walking toward the front, a street person walked into my space and said, "Hi," to me. Now that may not seem like much, but it seemed a little too personal for my liking. I hadn't made any eye contact with this this person, but as he crossed into my personal space to say hi, it was difficult not to make eye contact, although I tried to avoid it.

Was I being provocative by wearing clothes that showed my thinner body? Was I being rude by ignoring this street person and he didn't like me averting my gaze, so he walked into my personal space to draw my attention? Who knows? Only God does.

I find that even though it's been 30+ years since God allowed me to lose the 80+ pounds, I still find that I'm uncomfortable with my body. I think through these experiences, I'm more comfortable with my body when I'm somewhat overweight. I didn't feel so self-conscious when I was 20-25 pounds over my goal weight. When I am at goal or close to it, I find myself struggling with body issues as I waver from one extreme to another from wearing baggy clothes to feeling uncomfortable when I'm not.

Fortunately, God knows my weaknesses and uses them for His good through this blog and other ways. I trust Him to heal me and my insecurities. 1 Peter 5: 6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon Him; for He careth for you. 

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: