Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What's the Big Deal About Numbers?

*Thou shalt have none other gods before Me.  Deuteronomy 5:7

What's the big deal about numbers? Well, nothing, unless you let them come between you and your relationship with Christ. In the past, I've seen  food and control come between God and me, because they've been big vices I've been trying to turn over to God's capable hands for years. I never imagined numbers could cause a problem. God's led me to see that I've let numbers interfere in my relationship with God. How could this be???

Well, for many years before and after God allowed me to lose the 80+ pounds, I focused on the weight losses and gains. My weight being up or down 2 pounds had a distinct influence on my actions and self-perception. I even let these numbers tell me who I was and how I felt at the time.

When I started to edit the book: Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life, I was going to update the part that told how many times I've read the Bible from cover to cover. In fact, I used to keep tally marks inside my Bible to let me know how many times I've read it, but I had to stop that, as well. Again, God showed me that I was taking too much pride in the numbers.The thing is, if I'm taking pride in the number of times I've read the Bible, then it becomes a false god. That's why I left the book saying that I've read the Bible 16+ times rather than updating it with the current number of times I've read it.

When I started the Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life Blog, I found myself getting on the blog frequently to see how many views I'd had on the blog. I got so obsessed with the numbers that I started opening up some of my different blog posts, hoping that it would show an even larger number of views on the blog. Once God showed me what I had done and how I let numbers undermine my Christian ethic, I got on my blog and apologized to my viewers, because I felt that I had let them down. The main one I let down was God, which saddens me deeply. I don't do that anymore, but I let numbers sneak into other aspects of my life: the number of phone calls I get, the number of emails, the number of.... *Thou shalt have none other gods before Me.  Deuteronomy 5:7

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: