Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

This Is the Day!!!

This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm, Chapter 118:24.

This verse kept popping back into my mind over and over this morning. It made me think of a variety of things. This is the day that I’m not going to let food control my life. I’ve let the thoughts of food or not eating food play a primary role in my life. When I’m doing that, there’s much less time to focus on the needs of others. I need to not let food have that power over me. I want to trust God with my food and eating.

This is the day that I’m not going to let worries overpower the rest of the wonderful things in my life.  Too often, I get bogged down by worry and forget to turn things over to God. He always sees the BIG Picture and knows what is best and what timing is best. I need to not let worry have that power over me. I want to trust God to take care of my concerns.

This is the day that I’m not going to let others tell me who I am, because I know that I am a child of God.  Too often, I’ve let other people’s comments or their talking down to me, tell me who I am. I am a lovable,  capable, Christian, regardless of my size. I need to not let others have that power over me. I want God to help me with my self-esteem.

This is the day to forgive someone for something that has hurt me for years. There are things that have happened in the past that I replay in my mind over the years. I can’t let the things others have done to me have power over me. I want to let God heal me and give me a forgiving heart.

This is the day to start fresh, because each day is a new beginning. This is the day that I want to turn these things over into Christ’s very capable hands! This is the day which the LORD hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalm, Chapter 118:24.

P.S I wanted to share that since I wrote this post, God has had this Bible verse pop in my head over and over every time one of these topics is on my mind. I'm hoping that this continues, because it has given me so much peace when I might have fretted over things out of my control.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: