Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Trigger Foods That Bring Back Memories...

But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.  Acts 15: 11 

You would think that after 30+ years of being blessed by God's having me lose 80+ pounds, I wouldn't fall prey to trigger foods. For the most part, these don't phase me. Every now-and-then Satan uses them to sneak up on me to see if I will go slip-sliding back into that self-loathing pattern I had for years, eating to punish myself for not being perfect.

Of course, no one is perfect except for Jesus, but I expected myself to be perfect for too many years. If anyone was unhappy with me, I took it on my shoulders and felt like I had let them down and should have done better. Fortunately for me, Jesus sees my failings and loves me as I am no matter what weight I am. Jesus sees me as I am and loves me whether I make everyone else happy or not. Jesus loves me as I am whether certain trigger foods bring back memories and tempt me to indulge.

Jesus has blessed me in so many ways. One of these ways is that He often reminds me of how He can take away these urges to give into temptation, if I let Him. I left the batch of Chocolate Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies I used to make with mother, that I had sampled to see if they were done. I went into the bathroom and brushed my teeth, thankful that Christ takes care of me even when I'm tempted and start to slip back into old patterns. But we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they.  Acts 15: 11 

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: