Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Have Shed Many Tears because of My Overeating Through the Years

They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. Revelation 7:16-17

Usually, when I hear this passage, I think of those who are about to join or have recently joined Christ in heaven. This time, this passage meant something different to me. This time, it reminded of all the tears I have shed over the years related to my overeating.

I cried when I wasn't picked to be on the teams at elementary school. I cried when the popular kids wouldn't associate with me in middle school. I cried when my boyfriend would look at prettier girls in high school. I cried when my first husband blamed my weight for his temper and actions. I cried when I looked at myself in the mirror and cried myself to sleep so many nights it's difficult to count.

I don't have to do that any more. That's not because God's allowed me to lose the vast majority of my excess weight. It's only because Christ has shown me that I don't have to cry myself to sleep any more. He is there to take care of me and comfort me and His love is unconditional. He doesn't care what size I am, how many stupid mistakes I've made in my life, whether I'm popular or not. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. Revelation 7:16-17

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: