Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, August 20, 2015

Does God Compromise?

Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the lands, and verily thou shalt be fed. Psalm 37:3

This has a whole different meaning to me right now than when I read it earlier today. Right now, I take it in a more literal, but not literal way.  I wanted to schedule some posts ahead, so that they come out at a later time. I started this one, but had this strong hunger pang. I was trying to decide whether to do the post first or to start making my egg sandwich.

I wish I could say that I went straight to the computer to do the post, but I didn't. I did what I call a compromise. I put the egg in the microwave to cook and came back to the computer to write the post. That makes me wonder, Does God Compromise?

Jesus didn't say, I'll just share the loaves and bread with the multitudes, but I'll skip the Crucifixion part, because I don't want people spitting on me, taunting me, and staking me to a cross. He didn't compromise when it came to our salvation, so should I make compromises when it comes to my relationship with Him and doing what He calls me to do? No, but unfortunately, I did. Fortunately for me, God forgives me when I ask Him to, but I don't want to take advantage of that, looking after my earthly needs before looking after His.

I explained about how I related this verse to the more literal aspect of being fed, but I think the less literal meaning is much more significant. When I trust in the LORD, and do good on His behalf, I am fed with a spiritual food, not human. My soul is fed by a wholeness that only God can provide, that no egg sandwich will ever satisfy. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the lands, and verily thou shalt be fed. Psalm 37:3

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: 100 Pound Weight Loss Success Tip
by: Sean Symons via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son

Jesus Calls You, But Do Your Actions Say You Don't Desire Him?