Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Does God Compromise?

Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the lands, and verily thou shalt be fed. Psalm 37:3

This has a whole different meaning to me right now than when I read it earlier today. Right now, I take it in a more literal, but not literal way.  I wanted to schedule some posts ahead, so that they come out at a later time. I started this one, but had this strong hunger pang. I was trying to decide whether to do the post first or to start making my egg sandwich.

I wish I could say that I went straight to the computer to do the post, but I didn't. I did what I call a compromise. I put the egg in the microwave to cook and came back to the computer to write the post. That makes me wonder, Does God Compromise?

Jesus didn't say, I'll just share the loaves and bread with the multitudes, but I'll skip the Crucifixion part, because I don't want people spitting on me, taunting me, and staking me to a cross. He didn't compromise when it came to our salvation, so should I make compromises when it comes to my relationship with Him and doing what He calls me to do? No, but unfortunately, I did. Fortunately for me, God forgives me when I ask Him to, but I don't want to take advantage of that, looking after my earthly needs before looking after His.

I explained about how I related this verse to the more literal aspect of being fed, but I think the less literal meaning is much more significant. When I trust in the LORD, and do good on His behalf, I am fed with a spiritual food, not human. My soul is fed by a wholeness that only God can provide, that no egg sandwich will ever satisfy. Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the lands, and verily thou shalt be fed. Psalm 37:3

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: