Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

By Faith...

[This is very different from the way I normally put the Bible verses and passages, but I hope it gives you a feel for why Hebrews 11 is significant.]

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Hebrews 11:1
v 4 By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice... v 5 By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death...v 7 By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark... v 8 By faith Abraham when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed... v 9 By faith he [Abraham] sojourned in the in the land of promise... v 11 Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed, and was delivered of a child when she was past age... v 17 by faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac:... v 20 By faith Isaac blessed Jacob and Esau... v 21 By faith Jacob, when he was a dying, blessed both the sons of Joseph; ...v 22 By faith Joseph, when he died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel; and gave commandment concerning his bones... v 23 By faith Moses, when he was born, was hid three months of his parents... v 24 By faith Moses, when he was come to years, refused to be called the son of Pharaoh's daughter;... v 27 By faith he [Moses] forsook Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king:... v 28 Through faith he [Moses] kept the passover... v 29 By faith they passed through the Red Sea as by dry land:... v 30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down, after they were compassed seven days... v 31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that believed not.

I heard a minister talk about this chapter and gave it deeper thought. It would take a lot of faith in God if I were told to build an ark, to go to the promised land, to walk around a city for seven days. Would I do what God wanted? I would hope so, but building an ark for the flood of all floods when the land is dry took a lot of faith in God. 

I pray that when God asks me to do things, I have the faith to blindly trust Him as all these people did. They didn't know in advance how things would turn out. They didn't know that the Red Sea wouldn't crash down on them when they walked through, but they trusted God to protect them and I want to have that same faith, as well, not just with my overeating, but in all aspects of my life.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: