Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Get a Little Too Big for My Own Pants!

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Since I have been blessed by God's taking the urge to eat enormous amounts of food away from me, there are times I get over confident and get a little too big for my own pants! When I venture off and get caught up in my own world and put Jesus on the back shelf until I have more time, I'm doing that.

When I get caught up in the ways of the world and save worshiping Jesus until I do it on the fly, I'm doing that. When I get caught up in gossip, because it feels good to be the person other people consider is "in the know," I'm doing that. When I figure that Jesus doesn't want to hear all my petty problems, but settle down to a snack of junk food, I'm doing that.

Why do I do that, when I know full well that it is Christ alone that heals my need to eat excessive amounts of food? It is Christ alone that shows me that my focus should be on Him and not the ways of the world. Christ alone shows me that I need to make time for daily prayer and worship and that my day is never the same if I don't. Christ alone shows me that trying to get the approval of others through gossip or other means is fruitless. The only approval I need is that of my Lord and Savior and none of these ways leads to that.

When I find myself getting caught up in this and other things that are counterproductive to my walk with Christ, I have to apologize to Christ and ask Him to heal my soul and send His Holy Spirit to guide me when I'm tempted. Does that work forever? Not for me, but the next time that Jesus nudges my heart when I'm backsliding, I want to turn my focus back on Him as quickly as possible, because my life has no real meaning without Him. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: