Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Do I Want Short Term or Long Term Pleasure? That's the Question!

Thou wilt shew me the path of life in Thy presence is fulness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11

Here I am paraphrasing Shakespeare again.So, do I want short term or long term pleasure, that's the question? Being a person who led most of her life going for the short term pleasure of desserts, crunchy foods, and other foods that called my name, it's an important one for me to ponder.

Being a person who has always been a Bird-in-the-Hand person, instead of looking at long-range goals, this is even more significant for prayerful contemplation. Is saying something sarcastic back to the person who is is flippant worth it? Is having the latest technology and spending unending hours utilizing my investment to the point I ignore my Lord, my family, and my friends, really worth it?

Is it really worth letting people know how upset I am about something rather than prayerfully turning it and the anger over to God's very capable hands, really worth the immediate high from the outburst? I want to stay focused on turning worldly things that might give me some immediate pleasure over to God for His guidance in all things. I want to be a better example of how He works in my life. Thou wilt shew me the path of life in Thy presence is fulness of joy; at Thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore. Psalm 16:11


Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: