Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Losing Sight of God…

But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. Galatians 3:11

The other day as I was saying my prayers, I asked God to not let me and my family lose sight of Him-to keep God in focus. After I said that, I wondered about what I had just prayed, so I prayerfully contemplated my prayer.

I thought about when I had an art class and was taught to draw with perspective. We learned about the vanishing point, where the object we had been looking at from a distance vanished from view, but was still there.

This got me thinking about several things. One I was elated to think that although I sometimes feel that God has vanished from view, He is still there watching over me. This was very reassuring, because I am apt to lose my focus at times, especially when I’m turning to food to deal with my stress rather than turning to God.

On the other hand, my prayer alarmed me. I would be alarmed if a child were walking away from their parent, so that all they could see of that parent was a speck on the horizon. So much could happen to them. They could make a poor choice and step out into the street and get hit, but be too far to hear the parent or have them rescue the child in time.

This made me think that it’s not a good thing to wander so far away from God that we can’t hear His warnings and possibly get led astray. This gave me lots of food for thought. But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith. Galatians 3:11

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: