Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Muddling Through a Fog, but Toward the Light

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Sometimes I just go through the motions of being a Christian. I find myself filled with that old self-doubt, drawn to food, and concerned about situations out of my control. At times I feel like I'm just muddling through a fog, trying to find my way.

Then, I remember that Christ is there for me, because He gave His life for us to save us from our sins. He is there for me even when I'm muddling through. He doesn't give up on me, why should I doubt that He will be there to take care of me and those I care for? If I were more focused on my faith during times like this, I would see Christ as the Light to get me through these difficult times. Times that gnaw at my relationship with with my Savior and make me feel distant, but He isn't.

He's right there! He's there beside me when I'm down. He's there beside me when I'm afraid. He's there beside me to get me and my loved ones through the difficulties that arise. He is the Light and Jesus gives my whole life purpose and direction. At times, I may be muddling through a fog, but toward the Light of Jesus! 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: