Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

So What Does This Passage Have to Do With Overeating?

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

I realize that you may be asking what this has to do with overeating. It really doesn’t have anything to do with overeating. It’s talking about not hanging around with people who could lead you astray from your faith. Why in the world would I use this passage for the Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog?

Well, I’m not actually sure, but when I read it a few minutes ago, several related things came to mind. If not eating compulsively allows you to be better Christian, to feel better about yourself, and to relate more positively to people you care about, we should avoid situations and people that may lead us to be tempted.

Sure, it may not sound like the level of temptation where someone is trying to convince you to rob a bank or to take drugs. I don’t know about you, but when I’m compulsively overeating, food, the thought of food, the fear of gaining weight, and my poor self-esteem seem to be foremost in my life-not God. They keep me at a distance from those I care about and I am less apt to be the person God wants me to be.

Additionally, there are people who might try to encourage you to eat in an unhealthy manner. They may even undermine your attempts to have balance in your eating and life. People like this, although well-meaning, may be people that we should be prayerful about prior to interactions with them. When we turn to Christ prior to interactions that can lead us astray, whether it’s food, drugs, unhealthy relationships, etc., He can protect us from the darkness and lead us into the light that only He can provide. Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness? 2 Corinthians 6:14

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Healthy Weight Loss Guide
by: information various via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son