Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Muddling Through a Fog, but Toward the Light

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Sometimes I just go through the motions of being a Christian. I find myself filled with that old self-doubt, drawn to food, and concerned about situations out of my control. At times I feel like I'm just muddling through a fog, trying to find my way.

Then, I remember that Christ is there for me, because He gave His life for us to save us from our sins. He is there for me even when I'm muddling through. He doesn't give up on me, why should I doubt that He will be there to take care of me and those I care for? If I were more focused on my faith during times like this, I would see Christ as the Light to get me through these difficult times. Times that gnaw at my relationship with with my Savior and make me feel distant, but He isn't.

He's right there! He's there beside me when I'm down. He's there beside me when I'm afraid. He's there beside me to get me and my loved ones through the difficulties that arise. He is the Light and Jesus gives my whole life purpose and direction. At times, I may be muddling through a fog, but toward the Light of Jesus! 1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Healthy Weight Loss Tips: How I Lost 200 Pounds-A Weight Loss How-To By Joe Hester
by: Joe Hester via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son