Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

How Much Would I Be Willing to Put Up With?

Mark 15: 19 And they smote Him [Jesus] on the head with a reed, and did spit upon Him, and bowing their knees worshipped Him. 20 And when they had mocked Him, they took off the purple from Him, and put His own clothes on Him, and led Him out to crucify Him.

When I read this passage this morning, it reminded me of the times I was taunted about being overweight. As a child, I was often chosen last to be on someone's team. I wasn't readily asked to be best friends with the popular people. I wasn't asked for many dates, although I had some. As an adult, I was ignored and my ideas were disregarded.

As a child, I didn't understand the impact that my weight had on other people's approval of me. I must have just internalized everything and felt unlovable. Fortunately for me, a girl from my class who lived nearby, invited me to her church where I found out I was lovable. Jesus loved me just the way I was, fat and all.

Throughout my growing up, people would make negative comments to me, as well as put-downs. There was a point where I internalized this and started putting myself down. I guess I was trying to beat others to the draw. It didn't seem like it was as bad if I said it about myself. Fortunately for me, God showed me that He loves me just the way I am and that I don't deserve put-downs from others or from myself.

As a young adult, my self-esteem was low and I felt fortunate to have friends and male attention. I put up with some relationships that weren't the best for me, where the people involved didn't respect me and tended to make me feel worse about myself. Fortunately for me, Christ showed me that I was worthy of respect and that it was better to not have these people in my life and He was right!!!

As I read this passage, I remember how alone I felt when I was taunted by others. It's so difficult for me to comprehend a love so great that Jesus, our Savior, would know in advance that He is going to be mocked and crucified, and would still go through it all for me and for you, so that we could have salvation from our sins through His resurrection from the dead. The taunting I went through seemed overwhelming, but nothing like what Christ went through for us! Mark 15: 19 And they smote Him [Jesus] on the head with a reed, and did spit upon Him, and bowing their knees worshipped Him. 20 And when they had mocked Him, they took off the purple from Him, and put His own clothes on Him, and led Him out to crucify Him.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: