Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Aw Nuts! I've Done It Again!

Luke 17: 3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. 4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

I can't believe it. I fell prey to the call of the nuts again! My sleeves on my top had started being lose again. Since I found that the scale has too much control in my life, I find that how tight my sleeves are and how well my pants fit are better indicators of my weight.

So, why did I let the pecans call my name again? Why did I undermine my healthy weight? When I'm truly prayerful about this, I realize that I've been under a lot of stress lately, much of which is far beyond my control.

At first I felt frustrated with myself for getting into the nuts again. Then, God allowed me to realize that this Bible passages is also to be applied to my own life. If I fall back into old eating patterns again and again and ask God to forgive me, then I should forgive myself, as well. Luke 17: 3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. 4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Weight Loss Tips Video: Diabetes Diagnosis Inspires 50 Pound Weight Loss
by:  Doug Phillips on HLN  Morning Express via You Tube

I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie

Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling



Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers, and miracles. Thanks!

Types of Christians Blog Link

How to Know Jesus Is God's Son