Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What is My Focus???

Galatians 6: 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

This passage makes me realize that my focus makes a major difference in my life and those around me. When my focus has been on food, fantasizing about food I want to eat, being frustrated with my weight and cranky with those around me, because I didn’t feel good about my body and myself, I’m reaping the negative rewards for focusing on worldly things.

When I turn my food, body, stress, and those I care about into God’s very capable hands, my focus is on my Savior. He saves me from the stronghold food has on my life and allows me to be open to being the Christian, friend, and family member that He wants me to be.

At times, I slip back into old patterns. When I realize that my focus is on food again, I find it vitally important to renew my relationship with Christ. That’s because I don’t want to slip back into the depths of despair. I don’t want to slip back into feeling terrible about myself. I don’t want to slip back into avoiding interacting with others because I’m ashamed of my weight. Christ frees me from these fears when I focus on Him. Galatians 6: 7 Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. 8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting. 9 And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: