Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

All I Need to Do Is Ask for It and God Gives It Freely

Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

God's blessed me by giving me the peace that passeth all understanding in many difficult times during my life. I have learned that when I'm concerned about something or someone, all I need to do is ask for it and God freely gives it. He lightens my burdens during these times and makes what seems unbearable, filled with the blessing of calmness knowing that we are in God's very capable hands and He will get us through everything.

So, why is this an issue now? Well, that's a good question. I realized that in my last few posts, I've been more drawn to food and have been more down than I usually am, but why? I know what is causing the stress, but I just didn't know why I was feeling down. Usually, during stressful times, God gives me the peace which passeth all understanding and I don't feel so alone, because Jesus is there with me getting me through whatever situation.

So, why is it different now? After lots of prayerful consideration, I found out that I had been asking for the peace which passeth all understanding, but stopped doing it recently. I felt the other person I'm concerned for needed it more, so I stopped asking for it for myself, as well, and only asked for it for the other person.

This is really eye-opening. When I asked for the peace that passeth all understanding for both the person and myself, God gave it freely. When I asked only for the peace which passeth all understanding for the person I'm concerned for, God gave it freely. So, why wouldn't I ask for it for myself, so that I'm not so worried during this time? God doesn't only have special blessings enough for just a special few who need it. God gives it freely to those who truly believe in Him and ask.

\You can take this one step further, God gave me a special blessing by allowing me to lose 80+ pounds over 30 years ago and to keep the vast majority of it off. He doesn't just have special blessings just for a special few who need it. Ask Christ daily to be in control of your life, food, and stresses and He can give you these special blessings, as well, if you ask Him. Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: