Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Getting that Exhilarating Bargain Hunter High...

1 Thessalonians 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. 7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

I can find a bargain with the best of them, but at what cost? There have been times in my life that I couldn't afford to buy things unless it was dirt cheap! I used to worry and eat over my finances, before I learned to turn these issues over to God's very capable hands. I prided myself in finding good deals almost everywhere. Unfortunately, my actions made me a poor example of my faith, at times.

There were times where I found an item marked lower than it rang up on the cash register. I hate to admit, but there were times I have argued with the store clerk, telling them that they were obliged to give me the item at the lower price. I indignantly stated it was the store's fault because it was not priced correctly. In hindsight, I realize that it's not the clerk's fault that things weren't priced correctly. I shouldn't have taken out my frustration on them.

I had found through my bargain hunting, that if you look through all the same items on the shelf, you will sometimes find one with a cheaper price label on it. It became a common thing I did in trying to get that "exhilarating bargain hunter high" I enjoyed so much. One time, I felt guilty about this and called the store owner to apologize. The owner was appalled to know that I deliberately did this in order to find a bargain. I tried to explain that as a Christian I wanted to apologize for my actions. To be honest, I kind of expected the admiration of the store owner for being so honest. Instead, I heard in the owner's voice, "How could a Christian do something like this?"

Instead of getting the admiration of the store owner for my honesty, I got disdain. It caused me to look at this in a different light. When I'm using the previously mentioned methods for getting a good deal, it's as if I'm taking money out of the owner's and worker's wallets. More than that, I'm not being a very good example of my faith. It never dawned on me that I could be such a poor example for God. The urge to get that "exhilarating bargain hunter high" at any cost crosses my mind, at times, because I have a sinful human nature. I have to turn these urges over to God's capable hands and stick to the posted bargains and ads. 1 Thessalonians 4:6 That no man go beyond and defraud his brother in any matter: because that the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also have forewarned you and testified. 7 For God hath not called us unto uncleanness, but unto holiness.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: