Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Why Would They Be Resentful of Me?

Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Hebrews 13:8

I'm glad that I can always count on Jesus being the same, because I can't totally count on anyone else that way. I would think people would be happy for me, after being allowed to lose the weight, but that's not always the case. Instead of smiling when they see me, knowing that I am healthier, happier, and more at peace, they act resentfully, instead.

I couldn't figure out why they would be resentful of me. Are they worried that I'm not the same person they knew when I was heavy? Are they jealous that I was allowed to lose weight and they haven't, yet? Do they think that I'm flaunting my weight loss, when they are still struggling with their weight loss? Do they think that I'm not going to be their friend anymore, since I'm no longer heavy? I have no idea why anyone would respond this way, but it's happened quite a few times. Fortunately, not everyone responds this way.

Instead of worrying about why these people are reacting this way, I have to stay focused on Jesus. He wouldn't have me lose the weight if He didn't want me thinner. It would have been much easier for God to leave me heavy the rest of my life, but He didn't. He had some reason, whether it was my health, my self-esteem, this blog, or some other reason that He will show me. If this is the case, then, I shouldn't let other people's negative responses to my weight loss make me feel guilty. Maybe they will feel differently later, but I know I can count on Jesus all the time! Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever. Hebrews 13:8

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: