Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Can't Go Back...

For it had been better for them to not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 2 Peter 2:21

I think this Bible verse sums up why I began to panic when I had gained back 27 pounds of the 80+ pounds I had lost over 30 years ago. It goes far beyond not wanting to have to deal with being overweight again. It goes far beyond not wanting to go back to having a low self-esteem again. It goes far beyond not wanting to worry about everything again.

It has more to do with not wanting to let the wonderful relationship I have with Christ slip through my fingers. He showed me how He takes care of every detail in my life and will get me through them, good or bad. He gave me this sense of peace that He was in charge and I no longer had to worry about being in charge in order to have everything work out. Jesus would take care of it and I no longer had to fret, control, or worry about it.

There was a time where I thought that I was the one who had to find a solution for all the problems of my friends, my family, other people, and the world. How realistic is that? Not very, but somehow, I would take it on myself to try to find some way to resolve issues far beyond my abilities. When I turned everything over to God's capable hands, I no longer had to be the one to solve all the problems of the world.

This very is significant, becasue I can't go back. I can't lose that peace, that wonderful feeling that Jesus is right there taking care of me, good or bad. I can't lose the positive sense of self-esteem He gives me regardless of what the scale says. I can't go back to worrying about everything, because it does no good. I know how wonderful it feels to be enveloped in my Savior's loving arms-life would be horrible without Him. I can't go back to feeling empty, alone, and afraid.  For it had been better for them to not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them. 2 Peter 2:21

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: