Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Are My Computer, iPad, Tablet, and Social Media False gods?

And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them. Deuteronomy 28:14

I never expected this verse to ring out my name when I read it this morning. Being prayerful about it, I realized that I have been all-consumed with my computer these days. I've started on a new means of Social Media recently. I have found myself asking family members to wait a little longer while I finish pinning things on my boards. I have found myself not thinking about reading the Bible as much as I used to, because I can't wait to get to the computer to get caught up on things. I have found that when I'm stressed, I have gone to the Internet and gotten busy on one thing or another, rather than turning to God in prayer with my stress.

When these things came to mind, I realized that I have been letting technology interfere with my relationship with God, my prayer life, and my relationship with my family.  I haven't told you, but I need to be honest with you. There are some nights that I have kept my husband up late while I'm doing one more thing on the computer, followed by one more, and one more very important thing.

Any time that I'm turning to things instead of to God, it has become a false god to me, because I have put it's importance above God and my family. Does this mean I have to give up technology all together? Not necessarily. It just depends on whether I can turn my compulsion with technology over to God and listen when God tells me enough is enough! If I abide by these instincts and don't put God, my prayer life, my family, or my other obligations on the back burner, then technology may have a place in my life. It's only when it becomes more important than these, although I might not think it is. My actions speak louder than words and if I continue to put God and my family and responsibilities off, then I need to be even more prayerful about turning this technology compulsion over to God's very capable hands. And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them. Deuteronomy 28:14

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: