Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Why Am I Writing About South Korea in a Christian Overeating Blog?

That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 5:21 

My husband and I were blessed with the opportunity to visit South Korea. In fact, we just got back on Friday night, thus my writing this post at 3:30 a.m. instead of sleeping. While we were in South Korea, we were fortunately to meet many very helpful people. One such person, shared lots of background information with us. Some of the political concerns are currently listed on my other blog: Bible Passages That Can Influence Your Life. 

One insight this person shared was about how in America we have a variety of sizes for the needs of a wide variety of people. In South Korea, the dress makers often have a one size fits all approach and that size is extra small. That means that there are lots of women who are constantly focused on dieting to fit those extra small clothes. I know that there have been times when not fitting the smaller clothes hurt my self-esteem. Does it affect Korean women the same way? Does their media make people feel like failures if they don't have a perfect size two body like it does here?

It wasn't until I turned my food, my eating, my stress, and my sagging self-esteem over into Christ's very capable hands, that these concerns were taken away from me. I no longer saw myself as a failure by not always living up to the norms of society, but saw myself through the all-forgiving eyes of God. That as sin hath reigned unto death, even so might grace reign through righteousness unto eternal life by Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 5:21 


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: