Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Life Would Be Perfect When I Lost All the Weight...

The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:26

When I was reading this verse in the Bible this morning, I was thinking-that's exactly what God did in my life. My life used to be fraught with turmoil. I was always worried about something, especially our finances. I never knew how we were going to make ends meet and I fretted, calculated, and stewed over our sagging finances.

I bounced from one diet to the next, trying to find the one that would allow me to lose all that extra weight, because "Life would be perfect when I lost all the weight." I kept feeling worse about myself the more these diets failed to lead me to the perfect life I dreamed of.

Then, when I gave up trying to control everything, my weight, my finances, my life, my eating and turned it all over to God, miracles happened. That same day, God allowed me to stop craving large amounts of food. I no longer needed that, because Jesus filled me with His Holy Spirit. I stopped needing to worry about finances, because Jesus made me aware that He provided for my every need. I stopped worrying about not having the perfect life, because Jesus gave me a peace through all of this that is indescribable. I no longer needed to be hyper vigilant about my eating, because I learned to start turning my worries over to God when I was feeling compelled to eat over the stressful events of life.  The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:26

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: