Posted on Tuesday and Thursday mornings

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life Would Be Perfect When I Lost All the Weight...

The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:26

When I was reading this verse in the Bible this morning, I was thinking-that's exactly what God did in my life. My life used to be fraught with turmoil. I was always worried about something, especially our finances. I never knew how we were going to make ends meet and I fretted, calculated, and stewed over our sagging finances.

I bounced from one diet to the next, trying to find the one that would allow me to lose all that extra weight, because "Life would be perfect when I lost all the weight." I kept feeling worse about myself the more these diets failed to lead me to the perfect life I dreamed of.

Then, when I gave up trying to control everything, my weight, my finances, my life, my eating and turned it all over to God, miracles happened. That same day, God allowed me to stop craving large amounts of food. I no longer needed that, because Jesus filled me with His Holy Spirit. I stopped needing to worry about finances, because Jesus made me aware that He provided for my every need. I stopped worrying about not having the perfect life, because Jesus gave me a peace through all of this that is indescribable. I no longer needed to be hyper vigilant about my eating, because I learned to start turning my worries over to God when I was feeling compelled to eat over the stressful events of life.  The Lord lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:26

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:


Weight Loss Tips Video: Portion Control for Christian Weight Loss
by: tby01 via You Tube
I have decided to include Weight Loss Tip Videos instead of the Healthy Tips I have been doing prior to this to provide a wide variety of tips for weight loss. See Disclaimer. I, personally, lost the weight through prayer and good nutrition, and do not promote any weight loss gimmicks. Debbie
Disclaimer: Please consult a physician and be prayerful before considering any of the tips presented in these Weight Loss Tips Videos or their ads. I am not responsible for the content of the videos or their ads. Debra Seiling


Please click on comments below to share your joys, concerns, recipes, prayers and miracles. Thanks!

Christ's Grace Abounds

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link

Bible Study: Relating the Bible to YOUR Life! Link
Easy Bible Study to Learn to Make Bible to Self, Text, World, and Media Connections

Translate

Heifer International.org

Heifer International.org
A Gift of an Animal Can Change People's Lives