Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Kind of Example Am I Being?

Romans 5:15 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many. 

I was recently visited a good friend. We went out to several times during that visit. In that time, I feel prey to several plates of food at a Chinese Buffet. I ate sweets, when I know my body doesn't handle them well. I also, ate more than I should have. 

She knows that Christ has healed my compulsive overeating and allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years, but kind of example was I being? She was seeing me giving in to my compulsive overeating tenancies that Christ had worked so hard to cure me of!

She saw me joking off the two plates of food that I ate at the Chinese Buffet, while rationalizing it. I wasn't being an example of how Christ has healed me of compulsive overeating and the need for large quantities of food and sweets, both of which have a negative effect on me! I thought it was all about me and how good the food tasted, but I don't think that's the point. The point is that I am supposed to be a walking billboard of how Christ works in my life 24/7, not just when it's convenient or there's no buffet around. There's a lot in this post that I need to be prayerful about. Debbie

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: